She oughta know!
Monday, June 18, 2018
Sunday, June 17, 2018
- Crumb Topping
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/3 C all-purpose flour, plus 3 TBS
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 C butter (room temperature), plus 2 TBS
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C butter, room temperature
- 3/4 C milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 C fresh blueberries
- 1/2 C confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsps milk
- Preheat 375°
- Spray a 9″ Springform pan with nonstick spray;set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine all the Crumb ingredients with a fork or pastry cutter until they are blended; set aside
- In a large bowl, mix together all the cake ingredients except the blueberries and mix until mostly smooth; fold in the blueberries
- Spread the cake batter into the prepared pan and top evenly with the crumb topping
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan
- Loosen the edges of the cake from the pan with a butter knife and then remove the sides of the pan
- For the glaze, mix together all the ingredients together until smooth and then drizzle on top of the cake
- Serve warm or at room temperature
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced (or 2 tsp)
- 5 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 TBS butter
- 8 C fat-free chicken broth
- 1/3 C parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 C Ditalini pasta
- In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; stirring frequently for 2 minutes until softened. Add carrot and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until softened
- Add rotisserie chicken, chicken broth, parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover on simmer for 2 hours
- Add Ditalini about 15 minutes before serving.
- Remove bay leaves and serve
Thursday, June 7, 2018
- 2 C lukewarm water (temperature per instructions on yeast pkg)
- 1 pkg active dry yeast (2-1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 TBS sea salt
- 4-1/3 C all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 C STAR Garlic and Basil Marinated Olives, drained & sliced, herbs and garlic reserved (Walmart has it!)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBS olive oil , divided
- coarse salt
- dried parsley
- In a large mixing bowl, combine water and yeast
- Add 1 cup of flour and salt; stir with a wooden spoon until combined
- Stir in olives, herbs, garlic and garlic powder
- Add remaining flour, one cup at a time, stirring until thoroughly combined
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm spot to rise for 1 hour
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil in an 8-inch cast iron skillet or Dutch Oven; using a napkin or your fingers, coat bottom and sides of skillet with the olive oil
- Flour your hands; remove plastic wrap and using your hands, transfer dough to prepared skillet and shape into a disk
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let stand for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top and sprinkle with salt and parsley
- Score the top of the loaf with a knife
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is nicely browned
- Remove from oven and immediately turn the bread out onto a wire cooling rack
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
- 1 1/2 pounds apples, peeled & sliced
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 C butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Toss apples with 1 tablespoon of sugar, and pour into pie plate
- Thoroughly mix together 1 cup of sugar with the flour, cinnamon, butter, and egg
- Spread evenly over the top of the pie
- Bake until the apples have cooked and the topping is golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- 4 C Love
- 2 C Loyalty
- Dash of Faith
- 3 C Kindness
- 4 C Understanding
- 1 C Friendship
- 5 spoonfuls of Hope
- 1 barrel of Laughter
- Pinch of Forgiveness (no substitutions)
- Dash of Thoughtfulness (not optional)
- Take love and loyalty and mix thoroughly with faith.
- Blend in kindness and understanding, add friendship and hope.
- Sprinkle abundantly with laughter. Garnish with forgiveness and thoughtfulness.
- Bake with sunshine.
- Serve daily with generous helpings.
Filed under: marriage
- 1 TBS butter
- 2 TBS fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 C basmati rice
- 1 1/2 C chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the ginger, rice, stock and salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 12 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water has fully evaporated.
- Fluff the rice and serve.
This is wonderful paired with Ginger Glazed Haddock or Mahi Mahi! Or anything, really!